Scrambling to find something to prepare at mealtime? Why not scramble eggs instead and discover the benefits of a great meal with excellent nutritional value?
One of the most familiar foods, eggs are often called ‘nature’s perfect food’. They are easily available, affordable, versatile, require little time to prepare and provide lots of the essential nutrients for a balanced diet, including most of the vitamins the body needs and a wide range of important minerals.
For the most appetising scrambled eggs:
Use fresh, Grade A eggs.
Aim for eggs to be fluffy and creamy.
Bring ‘egg-citement’ to your eggs. Add diced meats, vegetable, cheese, herbs and seasonings before eggs begin to set.
Reduce heat to prevent eggs from becoming dry and rubbery.
Eggs are best served hot.
Scrambled Eggs with a difference
6 tbs. margarine
1 tbs. onion, chopped
1tbs green sweet pepper, chopped
1Tbs red sweet pepper, chopped
4 tbs. milk
1/2 tsp.. salt
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/4 Cup cheese, grated (optional)
1. In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, melt margarine and sauté onion and sweet pepper.
2. Beat eggs lightly, add milk and salt.
3. Add egg mixture to onion mixture in frying pan and stir constantly over medium heat to scramble the eggs.
4. When eggs are firm, quickly stir in tomatoes for one minute.
5. Remove eggs from flame and place on a warm platter. Sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.
6. Serve at once with toast.